Sunday, August 8, 2010

Busy busy weekend



Wow, what a busy weekend we had! Yesterday Ralph's brother, sister-in-law, and their three kids stopped by for a visit. They had been out from NM on vacation and came by just for the one day. Sis-in-law brought me some yummy grey Corriedale yarn, which I thought was extremely nice of her. We treated the family to lunch at our favorite Mexican restaurant, and I think they all enjoyed the food. We did lots of talking, of course, and I found a balsa wood airplane in the game cupboard for the boys to play with. Ralph gave the two boys a ride around the block on the back of his motorcycle. I'm vaguely alarmed by how well my helmet fit them. Baby S is still far too young for a ride, but maybe next time.




Today we went to Heritage Square museum, which is a collection of Victorian-era houses. They don't allow photography inside the houses, so I had to be content with taking a few outside. My favorite from the outside was the gingerbread-covered home in the center photo. The original owner/builder was a land speculator, and he used his own house as a model home, which is why it has so much gingerbread and gew gaws. On the inside, my favorite was the octagonal house (I'll post a photo of that another day). The rooms were squared off inside the octagon, which left spaces for storage. It was also very cool inside, almost as if it were air-conditioned.


Of course for geeky me, the highlight of the trip was the gorgeous green spider in the first picture. I took several shots and only one came out. We came back about 45 minutes later & he was still devouring his butterfly, which was definitely starting to look the worse for wear. We were there for a couple hours & thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. I do think I might have gotten a bit of a sunburn, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment