Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Yes, yes, it's been ages

Greetings, O Teeming Millions! Sorry it's been so long since I've posted. There just doesn't seem to be a whole lot going on right now. I mean, I'm sure you don't want to hear about how I washed the kitchen floor this morning, or the fact that it's bloody hot (gosh, imagine that--hot weather in Southern California in July. Who'da thunk it?).

We did have one odd thing happen recently. We were awakened one morning around 5:00 am by the dogs barking. I heard someone on the porch call out, "Hello?" Long story short, it was the cops. Apparently a petty thief had been caught in our neighborhood, and one of the things in his possession was the Bronco logo off the side of our truck. What a strange thing to steal! And ours wasn't the only one; as the officers were leaving one of them pulled out another logo & said they still had to track down that vehicle. Very odd.

Surprisingly, I have not been doing that much knitting. I have frogged Snape twice so far, and am now on Row 14 out of 111 (or 19 out of 121 if you count the border rows). I'm also planning on frogging my blue socks, as I believe I've mentioned previously, since I'm not happy with how they are coming out. I did get started on seaming the pony, if you can believe that.

Did I mention that Ralph is going to be singing in a church talent show? We're not actually part of the church, however we're friends with some people who are and they asked him to help out as they didn't have a tenor available. They are going to do "A Weekend in the Country" from "A Little Night Music." I'm not sure exactly when the performance is, only that it is sometime next month. We've attended the show for the last three years & it's always been fun. Of course since Ralph is in it this time, I'm looking forward to it even more than usual.

Last Friday I went out with MH2, our friend MB, MB's daughter whose name also begins with M, so I'll call her Young MB, and MB's baby. It was a short outing; we all got pedicures except the baby, and Young MB also got a manicure. My toenails are now the color of a Louie Blue Raspberry Otter Pop. PH2 felt that MH2 needed a girl's day out after all the stress of her father's illness & passing, and he paid for everything. This was my very first pedicure. It was rather nice although I'm not sure I'll ever get another one. I'm just not that frou-frou I guess.

Today's photo was taken at the Bolsa Chica Wildlife Preserve. Have you ever seen such a fuzzy caterpillar?

1 comment:

  1. Re: Bad breath I had it for about 18 years. I was Ms. unpopular. For a long time I was thinking my life was not worth living. I tried every product I could buy and found they were no help at all, even the ones that cost $200 per month. I didn’t think to read about it on the web until one day a person I didn’t even know told me I had really bad breath and said she had it once too and told me to check online for a site called badbreathcure.com.au as it worked to cure her bad breath. I was thinking how nice she was as most people just hold their nose and walk away from me. Anyway I followed badbreathcure.com.au advice and after a week I noticed my tongue started turning red and the bad taste was gone from my mouth. I started noticing people had stopped holding their nose and trying to get away from me. A few months later I bumped into her again. I told her I used her advice and thought it worked, she asked me to breath out in to her face while she smelt it and she is like smiling and said my breaths is fresh now. I hugged her, I didn’t tell her what I was thinking just a few months earlier, but her and that site was a life saver to me. Don’t let bad breath ruin your life like it tried to do to me. Another site I found useful is homebadbreathtest.com it shows you how to test your breath without leaving home. When I asked my Doctor who is an EMT bacterial researcher about the site he said it’s the oral research laboratories and there are 3 websites publishing the monthly reports from Oraltech Labs. I said why didn’t he tell me before? He said I didn’t ask him, which was true. He said all bad breath sufferers should visit http://www.badbreathcure.com.au and http://www.homebadbreathtest.com or http://www.oraltech.com.au as his clients (including me) report very good oral health outcomes after following their advice. Anyway I Hope this helps you, Jenny Wilson, SD.

    ReplyDelete