Friday, July 23, 2010

Another WIP completed

And at long last, the Christmas Robin is finished. I'm not 100% happy with it. I had trouble making a pom pom, so went for a tassel instead, and even that is rather lame-looking. I'll probably replace it at some point. For now, though, it can stay the way it is as I am finally DONE with the silly thing. I mean, it's not a very big project, and I did start it last October, so you think it would have been done ages ago.

I have some temp work next week, huzzah! It's only for five days, but hey I'll take it. Ironically, it's at my old job; BT called & asked if I'd be willing to help out. It's fiscal quarter end, plus PB (formerly Mr. Boss Man) is moving on to another company so I'm sure they're swamped. Not looking forward to the drive, of course, although I am looking forward to seeing the people.

Actually, I saw a lot of the people on Tuesday; I was in Chino dropping off some books for Lizard (she's going to see if she can get them signed at Comic-Con) & as long as I was nearly to Ontario I went & visited with some folks. Had lunch with DW which was nice. However, there were a lot of folks I didn't see that I would have liked to, so this will be good. I do wish that I'd remembered to move the Saturn into the driveway before I left. For some reason I was thinking it was already there, so of course we got a parking ticket (street sweeping). Le sigh.

Made some brownies yesterday, and they were pretty good. Not great; I like them chewier & fudgier than this recipe makes but good enough to make again someday. It was a new recipe for me. I tried it because it used cocoa, which I have, rather than baking chocolate, which I don't have.

Not much else going on. Hope your week was more exciting than mine :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment