Thursday, July 15, 2010

A photo, a word of advice, and a funny link

PHOTO: Four owlet ornaments; pattern "Owlies," knit with leftover bits of Plymouth Encore. I knit these for an online group I'm in, the Harry Potter Knit and Crochet House Cup on Ravelry. The "class" was ancient runes; my letter was "O" in case you couldn't guess. I was going to make eight of them (so I'd have an octet of owlet ornaments) however since I have no use whatsoever for them I decided not to use up all my eyes making more.

WORD OF ADVICE: If you are kneeling on the floor to look at books on the bottom shelves at the library, and your knee pops painfully when you start to stand up, *do not* grab the shelf in an attempt to keep your balance. The shelf WILL tilt, and you WILL have every book on it bounce off your head. Not that I would know this from personal experience or anything, but I am glad that they were all paperbacks.

FUNNY LINK: You will never look at sweet potatoes the same way again http://littera-abactor.livejournal.com/7748.html

2 comments:

  1. I bet the dog would really love sweet potato fries with Ranch dressing ... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way -- those owlies are adorable. WANT. :-)

    ReplyDelete