Monday, July 5, 2010

'Twas the day after the fourth



Making good progress on the Death of Rats. I just need to weave in the ends on the robe, crochet the tail, and make the scythe. Hope I can find the silver paint for the scythe blade. The photo is from before the sleeves were put on the robe; updated photo pending.

Had a great time at Neighbors K & A's BBQ potluck yesterday. Lots of good conversation, and yummy food which I ate like I'd never been fed. I thought the "goldfish pond" cupcakes someone brought were really cute. Got home before the worst of the poppy-bangies started up. You would think, seeing as how fireworks are illegal in this town, that poppy-bangies wouldn't be an issue, but some folks would rather break the law than bother driving to one of the free professional, public fireworks displays. We had to give Hali a tranquilizer & put her in the closet to keep her relatively calm. And no, it's not mean to put her in the closet. She likes to sleep there--it's her "safe place"--and we kept the door open just enough for her to push it the rest of the way when she was ready to come out, which she did around 3:30 this morning.



Just got back from PH2 & MH2's place. MH2's father passed away yesterday morning after a fight with cancer, and they were feeling the need for a little company. I helped take some stuff down to Goodwill & sort through some other items. A few more friends dropped by right around the time that I needed to head back home so that worked out well. I felt better knowing I wasn't leaving them without any company.

1 comment:

  1. The Death of Rats is going to be adorable!! Can't wait to see pics of the finished project ...

    and I want a cuppycake.

    ReplyDelete