Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Utilities--what fun

Did utility shut-offs at work. This is when homes have closed & we notify (and by "we" I mean "I") the companies to let them know that we no longer own the homes. It's really getting to be a ridiculous process. Before, I would just send a fax for each community and be done with it. Things have changed, though. For example, at our Beaumont location, the water company insists that we use their form with a separate one filled out for each home rather than one fax with all the info on it. Palm Springs water wants theirs e-mailed, and also to please put the new homeowner's first name on it as well (normally we only put the last). We have three communities that use Southern California Edison, and those have to be done on another fax specifically for SCE, because unless there are at least seven shut-offs on the fax, they won't do it; you have to phone them in. So that means two faxes & an e-mail for Palm Springs, and for Beaumont one fax for SCE, one fax for the gas company, and one fax per home for the water. Oh, well, at least they're done for another week.

Sadie's chewed-up spots are clearing up, so of course now Hali's started. Sigh. We used some of Sadie's spray on it which hopefully will help. We also Frontlined all five animals last night; I was going to say it was a bit early for it, however now that I think about it today is the first of the month; they were early by what--12 hours? If the weather is warm enough we'll bathe all the dogs this weekend with the special shampoo the vet prescribed.

I had two weird dreams last night. One was I was at rehearsal for the Renaissance Faire, and realized I had committed myself to being in Danse Macabre, AND the Washerwomen, AND St. Ives. Most of the dream was trying to work out a schedule where all three would get a decent amount of my time as well as leaving me some free time to see the Faire. The other was I came back from vacation to discover that not only had someone turned my office into a storeroom, but I was now sharing that office/storeroom with Ms. Boss Woman. Luckily she was good at organizing & got it cleared out enough for us to work.

By the way, if anyone has the slightest clue where I put the pipe cleaners, please let me know.

2 comments:

  1. Umm.. I have the pipe cleaners. I needed them. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew SOMEone must have taken them, but I wouldn't have guessed it was you.

    ReplyDelete