Friday, December 25, 2009

Yay! It's Christmas!


Merry Christmas!! Woke up with a song from a musical version of "A Christmas Carol" stuck in my head: "Christmas, Christmas, Christmas, Christmas, bah, humbug, who cares? Candy canes and cuddle bunnies, fluffy teddy bears. Christmas, Christmas, Christmas, Christmas, bah, humbug I say! Christmas is just a day, like any other daaaaaaaay!" Of course, that is exactly the opposite of how I feel about it all.



Can't wait until Ralph gets up & sees his stocking. Yes, that's it in the pictures. See, he's a bit of an arachnophobe, with the black widow spider being the worst enemy of all. So of course I just had to knit one for him & use it to top his stocking. In addition to clinging to the top, it's also holding a couple of the gifts that didn't quite fit inside. Heh, heh, heh!!



Got some holiday baking done yesterday. Made two batches of cookies & a jelly roll. The jelly roll is not a pretty sight--the cake decided to cleave itself unto the pan until death did them part--but I managed to patch it up well enough. It's only Ralph & I who will be eating it so it's not a big deal that it is less-than-picture-perfect. It tastes good, too. The cookies are to take over to The Kids' place today.

Only 4:20 in the morning. I am sooooo ready to start Christmas. Wake up Ralph, wake up! I guess I could see what's in my stocking, however I think it will be more fun to wait for him & open ours together. Guess I'll surf the web while I sipsipsip my coffee (running joke between me & my sister there, should she happen to read this) & then do some knitting until he gets up.

Speaking of knitting, I'm working on a scarf & pair of wristwarmers. I started the scarf first, decided I wanted some wristwarmers to match, and am knitting those from the other end of the ball of yarn (hooray for center-pull balls!), then will finish the scarf when those are done. That way I don't have to worry about using so much yarn in the scarf that there isn't enough for the wristwarmers. I'm using Jitterbug in October Afternoon, which has about 3 shades of dark orange and a bit of green in it. Not sure what it will look like after blocking; my fingers turn orange after a few rounds/row so I know it will bleed like a head wound when it gets wet. I'm planning on putting some vinegar in the water to help set the dye.

1 comment:

  1. I love the spider! Hope Ralph is able to enjoy his stocking stuffers ... if not, you're already done for next year! Enjoy your coffee (sipsipsip) and I'll see you later!

    ReplyDelete