Friday, December 4, 2009

Now we'll see if Lizard is still reading my blog


People at work are really getting into the holiday spirit with decorations appearing every day. VT, I think, has topped us all with this inflatable snowglobe. I've never seen one in a building before, except in stores that are selling them. He said he's had it in his garage for years, and since he can't put it up at his apartment he figured work was the place for it.

Now, to see if Lizard is still reading my blog, I've posted two photos that will be of interest to her. The first is of Mudgie being a monorail cat; she mentioned a while back that she had searched my Flickr account looking for such a photo & was surprised that I didn't have any. The second is of LS's Eeyore Family Christmas, the latest addition to the costumed Eeyores she uses to decorate her cubicle.


It's been a pretty busy morning. I got up at 5:00, and by 5:50 I had ridden the exercise bike for 30 minutes, brewed the coffee, packed lunches, gave Sadie her pill, fed the dogs, cleaned the cat box & taken a shower. I'm ready for a nap, ha ha! Mind you, tomorrow will be busy too as we have to take 4 of our 5 mammals to the vet for vaccinations. The dogs aren't too bad, but since Hoover's last visit resulted in me getting scars I'm not really looking forward to taking him in.




Ralph made a wonderful potato dish last night. He sliced up red potatoes very thin, layered them with onion & butter in a shallow dish, then baked it. After the potatoes were completely cooked, he topped it with shredded cheese & baked it another 20 minutes or so. The bottom was brown & crusty, the onions cooked until they were sweet, and the cheese was just starting to turn brown. Delicious!!

2 comments:

  1. I want to come live with you. You always have the best sounding food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I apologize for being so remiss in reading your blog. It just makes me feel guilty for not updating mine.

    I love the Mudgie picture ... thank you! And the Eeyores, of course.

    ReplyDelete