Wednesday, December 9, 2009

12/09/09



Today was a good day at work. First off was our quarterly meeting, which was actually a lot of fun. It was E's birthday, and first Mr. Boss Man's Boss made him sing "Happy Birthday" by himself, then we all sang it to him. Awards were given & guess who won Admin Associate of the Quarter? Why, yes, it was indeed I. I thought for sure it was going to be Ms. Boss Woman, up until the word "sarcastic" was used in the description of the winner. Funny, a lot of people looked at me at that point. . . anyway, I got a very nice plaque and a hundred dollars, which is nothing to sneeze at.

Speaking of sneezing, there was also a health fair at work. There were about a dozen companies there including a dental office (free toothbrush!), a doctor's office (free band-aids!), and a bloodmobile. There was also a representative from Sam's Club; not really health related, but they are offering a membership discount to our company right now and today was a good day for him to come out since all the field people were there for the division meeting. He was giving out cookies, which I skipped because Ralph bought Entenmann's donuts last night & I knew I'd want one after dinner.

It's a good thing that work was a pleasant day, because my knitting SUCKED. I'm making a hermit crab, and one part of the instructions says to purl one row that I was positive should have been knit. So, silly me, I knit that row. I'm now at a point where it's obvious why it was purled, and now I either have to live with it not looking right, or pull out the picked-up stitches, cast-off, and incorrect row. I'll probably do the latter, as I had major problems kitchenering (grafting) the picked-up stitches. I kept getting off count, plus I cut the yarn too short & had to do a Russian join which is great for knitting but terrible for grafting. I might just chuck the whole piece & start over on it; it's only 22 rows plus the picked up stitches so that's not so bad.

Today's picture is kinda crappy--too dark, and there are dirty cups on the table ooops! However, I like it because it shows the two resting styles of my cats. Hoover is all neatly tucked up like the meatloaf he is, while Mudgie is sprawled like a dropped Jell-o mold. What a pair!

And it's a sad thing indeed when one's onliest sister doesn't even read one's blog.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry, I'm sorry! I promise to read it more often! Sheesh. Two naggings in less than a week.

    Should I point out that you have a typo regarding who bought the donuts?

    ReplyDelete