Monday, May 30, 2011

MD 2011



Happy Memorial Day! Hope you are all having a fun & safe holiday. We celebrated the weekend by going to a party held by Neighbors K & A yesterday afternoon/evening. They had so many yummy snacks set out that I was too full to eat when the burgers & dogs were done. We brought a Pita & Dip tray from George's: six different Greek dips and a big plate of pita triangles. It seemed quite popular. Someone else brought mini pigs-in-a-blanket, and I swear I could have eaten them all.

Today has been a quiet day; did a little laundry & grocery shopping, and washed all three dogs. Later we're going to grill up some hot dogs, and have that with some salad, baked beans, & chips. Oh, I should make something for dessert. Maybe the brownie mix that Ralph bought for my birthday & never baked. Which reminds me, I still owe him a birthday cake, too.

Our lettuce had two flowers on it yesterday, and they were already closed up when I went to take a picture of them today. I thought perhaps they would open when the sun hit them, but no dice. Luckily there are lots of buds so I'm sure I'll get a shot at some point. They look a lot like dandelion flowers when they are open.

No comments:

Post a Comment