Saturday, May 21, 2011

It's quiz time!

Today's pop quiz is What's That Plant?" Two clues: It's not a weed, and the leaves are edible. Answer will be in my next post.

Zoe is very quiet & subdued today. I suspect she's worn out still from yesterday's adventure. I am so thankful to have her back, and so glad my boss was understanding about me needing to leave early to go look for her. It's such a busy time at work and I know my being gone wasn't the best thing that could have happened.

In knitting news, I finished my hat & wristwarmers set today. There's enough yarn left for a pair of short socks, although I'm leaving the kangaroos off them. Between the hat & the mitts there are twelve repeats of the motif & frankly I don't want to knit it again just now. As long as the colors are the same, the socks should look just fine. And in any case, the 'roos would be hidden by my pants legs so why bother?



Did a little cooking to restock the freezer. I made one small batch of beef over rice (sans rice), and a huuuuuuuuge batch of beef stew with mushrooms. In retrospect I should have made less stew & more beef over rice (sans rice). Oh, well. I'm sure it will get eaten eventually. Still, with 8 cups of stew in the freezer and at least half that amount again in the fridge, it does seem to be a bit much.

2 comments:

  1. The hat and wrist warmers are lovely. I have yet to master fair isle knitting, but it is on my bucket list of things to do eventually. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Every time I do fair isle I swear I'm never doing it again, and then I find a pattern like this and I just have to do it. :-)

    ReplyDelete