Saturday, May 21, 2011

Did I say "Pets--fauh!" Well, say it again!



Arrgh, yet another scare with the pets. I got a call at work around 3:30 letting me know that Zoe had somehow managed to get out of the yard. The neighbors were trying to catch her but no luck. I got the OK to leave work, came home, & spent more than two hours searching. The neighbors said the last time they'd seen her she was crossing the busy street at the end of the block, and because of traffic they couldn't safely follow her. She finally showed up at the front door around 7:00 pm. I'm sooooo glad she found her way home! As far as I can tell, she went OVER the fence into the neighbor's yard, which is not fully enclosed. There's some plywood leaning against the fence and I think she used that as a ramp.

No Faire for me this weekend; just have too much to do, including getting Zoe her rabies shot & renewing her license which is a wee bit past due. I'm trying to get it so her tag & shot are due at the same time as they are currently five weeks apart. I can't renew without the certificate, and the vet doesn't like giving inoculations early so there you go. It's only two weeks early at this point so hopefully he'll do it.

I've also been trying to sign up for a notary class. I get as far as the point where you have to actually register, and the website hangs at that point. I called the customer service line & of course they aren't open on weekends. Grrr! I will try again on Monday.

On a more positive note, I bought a loaf of rosemary bread. It's delicious! I used it to make a turkey sandwich for lunch yesterday, then had some with butter for dinner. It's a bit pricey, though, so it's not something I'll buy often.

No comments:

Post a Comment