Monday, November 29, 2010

Mondaaaaaay.

As you can see, I took a picture of the armadillo that will be my nephew's gift. I think it came out really well. I did make a couple minor changes to the original; mainly, instead of casting off & making the head, body, and tail as separate pieces, I just did an extra round to change the number of stitches to match the next bit & did it all as one piece. I'm quite pleased with how it came out.


I'm also making decent progress on the sloth, or at least I would be if I could find the stupid cream yarn that I *know* I have somewhere. I've got a couple skeins that are sort of cream, however they just don't look right with the body color (the body is done in eyelash, the head in plain yarn). I'm sure it will turn up somewhere. If not, well I think I've got some cream fiber somewhere & I just might end up spinning my own yarn just so I can finish.

Thanksgiving seems to have been an omen of things to come. I went to the market today to pick up a few ingredients. I've got some acorn squash & sweet potatoes, and wanted some meat to go with it. I also wanted to make a Quiche Lorraine for tomorrow's breakfast & needed some Swiss cheese. I couldn't find any meat that was less than $3.99/pound, which I wasn't about to pay, except for some pork shoulder that had more fat than meat visible. No dice. OK, change of plans; I bought some cabbage & I'm cooking that up with some mango chicken sausage we had in the freezer (the sausage is too sweet to pair up with sweet potatoes & acorn squash).

Off to the cheese section to get the Swiss. The *only* Swiss cheese they have is the store brand at $6.49/pound. Seriously. $6.49/pound for freakin' Swiss cheese. I already had cheddar at home, so I did a recipe search when I got home & made a cheddar/bacon quiche instead. I'm getting good at these last minute menus.

No comments:

Post a Comment