Wednesday, November 24, 2010

End of the line

And so it ends. Today was the last day of my temp job. I plan to enjoy the holiday weekend, then back to the job search on Monday.

I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving. Ralph & I will be going to an open house/potluck at the home of our friends JM & KM. They've been restoring their home--a historic Victorian--and I'm excited about seeing the progress. Lizard sent me a recipe for cranberry pie, so I'll be making one of those, and of course also bringing a corn casserole. It wouldn't be a potluck without a corn caserole.



I made a second armadillo. The first one is so cute that I had to make another. The second one is dark grey with a black back (I still need to stitch on the back, but other than that it's finished) which I think is a little more "manly" so that's the one that's going to be gifted. I also started a sloth, which will be another gift. Hope it turns out as cute as the picture in the pattern.

Had to have a plumber in today. Tree roots in the main pipe leading from the house to the street. I checked out the company on the BBB website yesterday, and was impressed with their A+ rating/zero customer complaints. After today, I can see why they are rated so high. The guy got the pipe draining in less than an hour, but stayed for a full three routing it out more thoroughly. The cost for this 3-hour job? $149. Yes, you read that right. I couldn't believe it myself. If we ever need a plumber again, I know who we're going to call.

Lastly, we saw "Deathly Hallows" over the weekend. I loved it! I won't give anything away, though, in case there are some among the Teeming Millions who haven't seen it yet. I did feel that this movie more closely followed the book than any other except possibly "Sorcerer's Stone" and the kids have grown up to be quite amazing actors. And I really, really want to knit a pair of fingerless mitts like the ones Hermione wears!

No comments:

Post a Comment