Tuesday, December 7, 2010

It's a New Job After All

I didn't say anything before, because I didn't want to jinx it, but I started a new temp-to-hire position yesterday. Yay! It's as an escrow assistant, and basically it's all the things I liked best about my old job, albeit with a different computer system. The people there are friendly, too. This is a place I could like. Keeping my fingers crossed that this is a long-term (dare I hope for permanent?) position.



One of the things I did today was fix the sweater of the woman who sits in the desk in front of mine. (OK, it's not *my* desk; but it's where I sit while I'm being trained). Yesterday I noticed she had a ripped thread that was causing a stitch to drop, so today I brought some yarn & tools to repair it. While I did want to do something nice for her, the main reason I did it was because the knitter in me was screaming in torment at the sight of that dropped stitch. The yarn didn't match as well as I'd like, but she was very happy with the repair.

Having some headlight troubles on the Prius, darn it. The headlights go out at random; sometimes just one and sometimes both. It was particularly scary on the O-shaped, unlit off-ramp coming home tonight--yikes!! I'll be driving the Saturn until we can bring the Prius in to be fixed.



I was almost late for work today. I left at 6:45, which one would think would be plenty of time to drive 28 miles & arrive by 8:00 am even with traffic. Unfortunately there was an accident on the freeway, and it took me just over an hour to drive the first 16 miles. Unbelievable! Luckily traffic was pretty clear for the next 10, then backed up again. UGH! However, I did make it to work safely & barely on time.



Today's photos are a few of the ornaments on our tree. I'll try to get a good shot of the whole thing; the one I took tonight didn't come out very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment