Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Winding down the year


Dear Rain--yes, I know you are good for the grass. And normally I like a little rainy weather. But this is getting ridiculous. You were here in force for the whole week leading up to Christmas, and here you are again. Now, I do appreciate the fact that you went away for the holiday, really I do. It's just that I'd like to have some dry weather for more than just three days. Thank you.

I got a real kick out of the last two entries on hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com. I suspect I'll be getting the giggles at every Kenny Loggins song for a long time to come, and the post about moving with the dogs had me laughing 'til I cried. I wish I could write a blog that great, but alas this is what y'all are stuck with. You'll just have to go read hers for the big laughs.

Speaking of laughs, I got a chuckle at work the other day. I was walking down the hall, and a guy came out of a doorway. He politely held the door open for me, then got a rather sheepish look on his face as he realized that my destination, in all likelihood, was not the men's room. Ah, well, I appreciate the manners nonetheless.

Had a very good Christmas. Ralph & I only got each other a few things--mostly books--and spent a nice afternoon & evening with family. I've already tried a couple of the recipes in my new Harry Potter cookbook, and have started a rather complex pair of socks from the pattern book my SIL & BIL gave me. Well, it's not so much complex as time-consuming. It's a pretty easy intarsia--just strips of color--but with 10 bobbins over 81 stitches on size 1 needles, there's a lot of tangling. It took me 35 minutes to do 3 rows this morning. This is going to keep me busy for a long time!

One sad note. I learned on Sunday that my old boss, CD, passed away. He was a fun person & I was sorry to hear the news. I knew he had been ill, but the last time I'd seen him he seemed in good spirits. Such a shame.

We have been invited to two parties for New Year's Eve. I suspect that I'll be going to one & Ralph to the other, even though we accepted the invitation to the party I will be attending first. Funny, we've not been to a NYE party in years, and this year we get two invites.

No comments:

Post a Comment