Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Why, yes, I *am* a dolt. Thank you for noticing.

So I stayed up late (for me) last night reading a ghost story/murder mystery. Ralph had gone to bed early; the house was dark except for the one light on next to me. The house was making the normal creaks and groans that every house makes when it cools off at night. Did I mention it was a ghost story? Yeah, you see what's coming, don't you? I managed to spook myself so badly that I didn't want to turn out the light & go to bed. I finally plucked up my courage, turned out the light, patted the dog for comfort & successfully navigated my way across the living room without getting waylaid by Hatchet Jack. Ralph's coat, although hanging in a suspicious manner on the back of the hallway door, failed in its attempt to slay me as I walked past. Of course, once I was safe in bed I felt like a right fool. Needless to say, though, it was a very good ghost story!

I'm 3/4 of the way done with the latest Harry Potter square, and I think it's quite recognizable now. Mind you, I think it looks better in the photo than it does in real life (I feel that way about all three HP squares, actually), probably because the stitches look smaller & the detail shows up more.

Ralph has been having problems with the computer. He's managed to fix it partially; that is to say, it works on my sign-on but not on his. Windows will pull up, then after a few seconds will switch back to the sign-in screen. Very strange.

Looking forward to my upcoming vacation time. We're planning to spend a couple days camping at Mt. Baldy. No other concrete plans, just some vague ideas of maybe going to Knott's Berry Farm (I have a half-price coupon) one day, and perhaps visiting the Madrona Marsh. With all the rain we've had lately, I'm sure there will be lots of frogs.

2 comments:

  1. What's the name and author of the book? I am in the mood for a scary/creepy tale.
    The picture is coming along nicely! I am getting ready to do your illusion cloths, but need to figure out how to switch colors. I thought I had it, but I don't. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Demons are a Ghoul's Best Friend" by Victoria Laurie. It's the second in a series; I'm planning on picking up the first & third if I can find them today.

    Switching colors is easy. Just drop one, and pick up the other. You'll get it :-)

    ReplyDelete