Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Posting time


Hedwig is done! Well, off the needles anyway. I still need to block it, make the back piece, buy the pillow form, and put the whole thing together. The little stack of yarn next to the piece is the 400 snippets from weaving in the ends. Yes, 400. I counted them. However, I have since learned a way to "float" the yarns so you can cheat a little & cross over several stitches without having dangly strands going across so that will, I think, make the next piece have less bobbins/ends to weave in. I'm going to make the backs to the finished pieces before starting a new Potter square, though.

Ralph's eye is doing better. Oh, what's wrong with his eye you ask? And well you may. On Saturday he was working on the pond, bent over, and a reed went right into his eye. Scratched his cornea which was rather painful for a few days. The doctor gave him some antibiotic ointment & he's feeling fine now.

Lizard has a temp position starting up soon, hooray! It's at a place where she has worked before (and liked very much) and is supposed to last three months. The last time she worked there it was supposed to be for three months and ended up lasting over a year, so I've got my fingers crossed for her.

1 comment:

  1. Hedwig is lovely! I can't believe you had the patience to weave in so many end. I become cranky after three or four ends!
    I am keeping my fingers crossed for Lizard. :-)

    ReplyDelete