Saturday, March 6, 2010

Create Your Own Title

I've had one person correctly guess who is on the new square, based on the photo in today's post. I've come a bit further since this shot was taken & I think it's getting to be obvious. I'll have to take another photo soon.

My work went on a field trip Thursday to visit a few of our communities. It was a lot of fun. We walked the models at two different locations, did a frame walk at one & walked a completed production home at the other. Lunch was provided--cheeseburgers, hot dogs, green salad, potato salad, chips, cookies, soda & water. The meat was cooked on a grill and everything that I had tasted wonderful. We had some extra time, so we detoured to one of our brand-new land deals & had a bit of a drive-through.

One of the best parts of the day was all the time we spent on the bus, because I was able to knit the whole time. I decided to start on the backing for the McGonagall pillow since that's plain stockinette & I didn't have to focus on it. I got literally half of it done: 55 rows out of 110. As you can imagine I was quite pleased about it. I did three more rows yesterday before work. Last night I remembered that I did McGonagall on size 5 needles, not size 7, and the backing is going to be way too big. Sigh. After sleeping on the possibilities, I have decided to go ahead & finish it. I've got a couple Christmas motifs I can use to make a different front piece and I'll have a nice new holiday pillow.

No big plans for the weekend, except going to see "Alice in Wonderland" at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment