Saturday, February 27, 2010

Ravelympics are winding down


We're coming to the end of the Ravelympics; tomorrow is the last day. I can't decide whether I should stop now with five finished projects under my belt (including the trio of catnip bunnies in today's photo), or try to squeeze in one more. I know that if I work at it I can make a pair of wristwarmers in a weekend, but if I don't get them done due to oh, you know, having a life. . . well, I'd be quite disappointed in myself.

I was able to save the Crazyfoot yarn, woo hoo! It only took 2-1/2 hours to untangle all of it, and it was completely undamaged. I did wash it, and was a bit dismayed by how much it bled. Not surprised by that, mind you; any red-based yarn is likely to bleed the first few times you wash it, in my experience. But the water was roughly the color of cinnamon tea after the wash.

It's raining like crazy this morning. Figures--our new community in Stanton is having their grand opening today. Ralph, Dad & I are going to check it out around 11:30 and then have lunch together. Hopefully it won't be pouring quite so hard when we go.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Five projects! The bunnies are adorable. I can't believe it only took a few hours for you to untangle that yarn! Glad you were able to save it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! My cat snubs catnip, so Ralph is going to give these to a co-worker of his that has seven cats. I'm glad I was able to save the yarn, too-it is just too pretty to let it get ruined.

    ReplyDelete