Sunday, February 14, 2010

Oh, yes, now that makes sense



This jpeg is the "medal" I received for completing an object for the Skele-gurumi event in the Ravelympics. Of course, everyone who completes an event gets one, but what the heck.

It looks like I won't be having as much knitting time as I anticipated. Between non-knitting tasks (such as posting on my blog, ha ha) & giving my hands a break, I've barely gotten anything done on Hermione. I'm only 21 rows in. Plus I still have my orangutan to finish. So with knitting time at a premium & doubts about whether I'll have enough time to finish both items, of course I did the only logical thing: I cast on another project to enter into the Ravelympics. Well, it makes sense really. Hermione is too much of a tight-focus project to take along when I go out, and the orangutan has so many little fiddly bits plus a pattern book that he takes up a lot of space, therefore I needed a mindless-knitting project for waiting in line, etc. I'm making a Trellis Lace scarf with the Glacier Teal Twizzle I had left from another project. It fits in my purse & is such an easy pattern that I don't need to carry a pattern book with me.



Ralph & I went to see "Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief" today. It was all right; our age group is obviously not the target audience, however I enjoyed it. The story line had a few plot holes in it, which I suspect are probably due to cutting the story down from the original book. Just might read the book to find out. After the movie I *finally* got my hair cut; it was looking way too shaggy.

And that's about it, really. Going to go back to knitting soon as I'd like to get a few more rows done on Hermione.

No comments:

Post a Comment