Friday, February 12, 2010

Ravelympics 2010 starts today!



Less than 12 hours until the Ravelympics begin. I was hoping to have the McGonagall square finished before the opening ceremonies, but with 37 rows left to complete at an average of 4 rows an hour I just don't see that happening. Still, it was intended only for practice and I can always finish it in March. I can hardly wait to cast on for Hermione! I think I'll use a larger needle size, though. The US5s I'm using on McGonagall are a wee bit too small, I think.

I haven't decided for sure what I'm going to make with my new Crazyfoot yarn. It's too pretty for socks--I want the project to be seen--and I don't want to make yet another pair of wristwarmers. I was thinking maybe a small beaded bag, if I can find a nice pattern. I do have one pattern on hand, however the first step is to string 600 beads onto the yarn. Yikes! That's just a bit much.

Took the day off work today. I thought Ralph had the day off, too, but alas he's got Monday off. Sigh. Oh, well, it's an opportunity to get some errands done such as getting a haircut, picking up the dog's meds, stuff like that.



Exciting (to me) things are happening at work, too. We've completed two land purchases, one of which already has the models built on it. One is in Stanton with a total of 36 lots (this is the one with the models), the other is in Rancho Etiwanda with 79 lots. Our Grand Opening for the Stanton complex is in two weeks, although there was a "soft" opening last Saturday. I can't remember the last time we actually bought land--maybe 4 years ago? And there's more--we have a new hire in our office! Yes, a genuine new hire, not a transfer from another office/department. Very, very exciting indeed.

Well, that's about it for now. Expect nothing but knitting news for the next 17 days as the Ravelympics progress :-)

2 comments:

  1. Good luck in the raelympics! I love what you have chosen to do.

    ReplyDelete