Thursday, February 18, 2010

another quick post

And another Ravelympics project completed; my WIPs-Dancing entry, the orangutan, is finished a mere 2-1/2 years from when I started it. It feels very strange to know that he's not sitting in the stash of yarns, fibers, and patterns waiting to be worked on.

In other news, the books I won from Chea Pet arrived yesterday, hooray! One is "Home Knits" by Suss Cousins, and the other is "Felt" by Robyn Steel-Stickland. I've thumbed through them both several times already, and am getting some project ideas from them. I haven't done much felting before--just a couple little cat toys which have long since disappeared--but I feel rather inspired by the book.

Hermione update: I have more than 60 rows done. She's got complete eyes now, and I'm about mid-way down the cheek. Updated photo pending.

3 comments:

  1. I love the monkey! So cute!What yarn did you use to get the furry quality. It's really nice. Is he a present to someone?
    I just love that felt book. Mine is pretty much dog-eared. The suss cousin knit book is cool, but I am always enraptured by pretty pictures. LOL
    You are kicking butt on Hermione! Can't wait to see her finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The orangutan is a combination of handspun alpaca/corriedale held together with a strand of copper eyelash. After all this time, there is no way I'm giving him away, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made my nephew the same monkey, several years ago. Yours is very cute!!!!!

    ReplyDelete