Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I jinxed it!

Ta da! Photos of the Special Project: a hippo for Mr. Boss Man. He's been pestering me for one for some time. I think at first it was because he didn't think I could do it, and then later because he's a new dad & wants it for his baby girl. Sigh. I hate to think of that adorable hippo getting all slobbered on. I did take pity on him and am only charging him for the yarn, not my time. The pattern is fairly easy, although I did find a few errors in it (such as rounds 5-8, which are plain knit at 18 stitches per round, and it said if you don't like to count rounds you could just knit 360 stitches. Last time I checked, 4 rounds at 18 stitches each gives you 72 stitches, not 360. But then, math has never been my strong point). I might make another one to give as a Christmas gift.

Very wet weather lately. At lunch I said to Mr. Boss Man & BT that in the eight years I've lived in this house, we've never had any problem with flooding in the area. Jinxed! The section of freeway that I take to get home was closed this evening because of, you guessed it, flooding. Luckily I got the traffic report in plenty of time to take an alternate route, and my drive home was quite uneventful. Hope I don't have to cancel my knit group on Saturday because of the rain; another storm is supposed to be coming in.

2 comments: