Sunday, January 17, 2010

01/17/10

Would someone kindly explain to our nectarine tree that it is only January, and that spring is two months away? Really, to be in blossom so early in the season is just showing off.

I've had a very good knitting week since last I wrote. I'm trying not to start anything new until I get more WIPs off the needles. I finished the Special Project (pictures to be posted soon) that I was working on. I'm also done with the knitting portion of the Autumn Drop Stitch Scarf; it's currently soaking prior to blocking (along with the matching wristwarmers) and then I need to weave in the ends. Came across a pair of partially-finished cabled socks that I started last summer & set aside because the cables didn't really show up well with the colorful yarn. I frogged those and cast on a new pair. That doesn't count as a new project since it's really just starting over on a WIP. These are just going to be in plain stockinette. The yarn is so vibrant that it really doesn't need a fancy stitch.

Spent huge quantities of money yesterday. Zoe needed her vaccinations; Mudgie needed his vaccinations and his teeth cleaned; and Sadie went back in for yet another follow-up on her skin problems. She goes back again in another week. In three weeks, provided her blood work comes back OK, the vet is *finally* going to put her on steroids. We've been trying to get her to do this since the first time we brought Sadie in; we knew that her skin problems were chronic (she had them when she belonged to Neighbor D) and that this "give her a shot & see if it comes back" treatment was not the way to go.

After that, Ralph said he wanted to get a DVD player for the bedroom. We used to have one in there, and moved it to the living room after that player got fried. Hadn't realized how often I throw a movie into the player while folding laundry until it wasn't there anymore, and Ralph finds it nice to lie on the bed & watch movies when his back hurts too much to sit comfortably. We found a really cheap one ($30) and of course had to buy several new movies to go with it: Up; Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest; Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer; Harry Potter & the Half Blood Prince; Lord of the Rings: Return of the King; and Nine.

Trying to decide what to serve for lunch when my knitting group comes over next week. It would help if I knew how many people are going to be here. So far I've got one "yes" and six "maybes." Maybe I'll just wait to see who shows up, then order pizza accordingly. Might even get it from Buono's; they're a little pricey but soooooo worth it.

2 comments:

  1. The tree is lovely. If it blooms early does that mean more fruit on the tree later?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buono's is good. Always. But you don't really have to have a lunch, you know. Snackies are just fine! (What am I supposed to bring, by the way?)

    ReplyDelete