Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween at work, 2009

Yesterday was the work Halloween party. Just about everyone dressed up in costume, and there was a very nice lunch to go with it: tacos al carbon, beans, rice, and cake. I noticed something interesting during the lunch, though. All the people who had cake were happy, laughing, and chatting. Those who didn't all looked very bitter and disdainful. You could almost hear their thoughts: "I want cake, but I will not have cake. I am stronger than the cake. You cake-eaters are weak even if you think you are having fun." Incidentally, it was really good cake. I'm with Erma Bombeck on this one; she once said, "Think of all the women on the Titanic who skipped dessert that night. What a waste!" Anyway, here are some pix from the event:


The winners of "Funniest Costume" went to: Andy Gibb & The Bee Gees, as portrayed by SC, Mr. Boss Man's Boss, WM, and JN. Incidentally, people who are 6'-5" in their stocking feet should not wear platform shoes, especially when walking through doorways. Ouch!


A shot of the extremely yummy, happy-inducing cake. It was marble with chocolate pudding for the filling & buttercream icing. I brought some to the escrow ladies upstairs. AM liked it so much she actually did the Happy Food Dance :-)


Mr. Boss Man himself, dressed as mild-mannered reporter Clark Kent. His costume was a big hit, and he might even have won a prize if he had stuck around for the party instead of going back to work.


My other boss, Ms. Boss Woman, showing support for her favorite team. Go Angels!


LL doing a marvelous Michael Jackson impression. She was actually part of a group costume that included KR as Liz Taylor, MG as Prince Michael (complete with mask), and KB, fresh from maternity leave, as Macaulay Culkin.



And the winners of Most Original Costume went to a joint effort by Homeowner Services and the Construction Managers for their portrayal of "Geoffrey Giraffe and the Toys R Us Kids." They certainly got my vote! Unfortunately the photo I took of the entire group came out really blurry. I'll see if I can yoink one from MG, as I know she took a lot of pix.

I just wore my Faire outfit for the day. It's funny--I've worn Faire clothes for so many years that I didn't feel like I was wearing a costume at all. I have never before had so many people tell me I looked cute as I did yesterday. Weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment