Sunday, October 11, 2009

Posts? Why would a blog need posts?



Wow, 10 days since my last post. And still not much to write about other than yesterday. What's so special about yesterday, you may ask? Well, my niece KT and her son AT were out visiting, and the family had a picnic get-together at a park near Dad's place. Ralph & I brought a Honeybake ham, rolls & 2 gallons of home-made lemonade (which required the juice of two dozen lemons, e-gads!). Dad & J brought homemade potato salad, donuts & chips; The Boy & The Girl also brought rolls & chips, and Lizard brought two batches of brownies. We all had a good time chatting for about three hours, at which point it got a bit chilly for those of us in shorts & we packed up for the day.



I got a little bit more done on my sweater/shirt. I've had to pretty much stop working on it because the pressure from sliding the 232 cotton stitches along the circular needles is causing arm pain. That's kind of frustrating because as you can see from the photo I'm only about 2 inches away from starting the bottom ribbing (about 16 rounds), then adding the sleeves to finish it up. Still, better to slow down and take it easy now than to push on & end up damaging my arm so badly that I can't knit at all. And looking at this photo of me trying it on, all I can say is: "Dang, I've got big boobs!!"

Ralph & I went Halloween costume shopping today. I was pleased with how much we were able to find. We need a few more items but all in all we got the majority of the shopping finished. And no, I'm not telling what we're going as--you'll have to wait for the photos. So far we've only told Lizard, so she better not spill the beans, even if I *did* forget to bring her repaired Eeyore to her on Saturday.



We stopped for lunch today at The Fish Tale, a very nice seafood place about 10 minutes from home. Ralph had shrimp & scallops with potatoes, and I had a soup/salad combo. The soup was of course clam chowder, served in a sourdough bowl that they had actually scraped most of the bread out of so I had a full serving of soup in it. Most places only make a tiny dent & you get hardly any soup at all. I told the waiter to "surprise me, as long as it's not Italian" on the dressing for the salad, and he brought two tiny pitchers: one of bleu cheese & one of honey mustard. It was kind of fun switching between the two, although I did like the honey mustard the best & ate mostly that. Ralph helped himself to the bleu cheese & about 1/3 of my salad. The meal came with a round sourdough loaf, still hot enough to melt the butter. Yum!!!! I was quite full when we finished eating although right now I am thinking longingly of the pie in the fridge.

Oh! That reminds me. I saw a cookbook that I want; I would have bought it at the time if I'd had enough cashola on me. It's all desserts, and it's called "Sticky, Gooey, Messy, Chewy." The recipes seem to rely heavily on chocolate, caramel, and/or marshmallow creme. A chef after my own heart. . .

2 comments:

  1. LOL! I love the "big boobs" comment. I say that everytime I look in the mirror.
    Did you cut your hair? How do you like having shorter hair? I have been considering it. It seems seems like it would be easier in the mornings.
    The sweater is lovely, and the color is nice too.

    Noooo... you HAVE to tell what you are going for on Halloween now! David and I are hinking of going as Ghostbusters to Haunt the Zoo this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I cut it back in May & had it touched up a couple weeks ago. It's sooooo much easier to take care of, although sometimes I forget & pour out enough shampoo for my former length.

    Nope, not telling; you'll just have to Be Patient :-)

    ReplyDelete