Sunday, October 18, 2009

Silverado Days and Pioneer chicken

Had a very nice day today. Did some housework, and while the place wouldn't win any Good Housekeeping awards it wouldn't embarrass me to have people drop by unexpectedly either. It always feels good to have the place tidy.

Took a quick trip to Michael's because Ralph wanted to get a basket to keep cords & things in. I picked up a couple items too, but I'm not saying what as they will be fashioned into Christmas gifts & I don't want to give anything away. I will post pictures after the holiday, though.

Next we headed to Silverado Days in Buena Park. MH2 & PH2 were going to come, but they are busy moving PH2's mom so they weren't able to go. Nothing too exciting--a few booths, rides, and games--but it was free parking & free admission, AND there was a chili cook-off & tasting/voting was free. There were about 8 different kinds of chili. The first one we tried was the best IMHO, very spicy and meaty. There was also a chicken chili which I liked very much, however the mild flavor made it taste more like a chicken stew than a chili, so even though it was delicious it did not get my vote. I kept expecting there to be dumplings in it.

Funny thing--there was a hang-glider ride there, and I took a picture of it because I thought it was pretty neat. After it went around a couple times, I decided to take a second shot to make sure I got one with people in it (there weren't too many riders at the time). Here are the two pictures I took:












I could not have gotten two more identical shots if I had tried.



After that we went to Pioneer Chicken in Bell Gardens. This may not seem like a big deal, but this was the first Pioneer Chicken I have seen since I was in my teens so it was a real trip down ol' Memory Lane. It was wonderful, too, exactly how I remembered it.

Well, going to keep the post short tonight. I want to do some knitting; I'm on the bottom ribbing of the shirt, and have another project that I want to go over the pattern for and make sure I've got all that I need for it.

1 comment:

  1. Very cool on the pictures! And woo hoo for Pioneer Pete and his yummy chicken! Thanks - now I want chicken.

    ReplyDelete