Thursday, September 17, 2009

Survivor starts tonight!


Tonight is the season premiere of Survivor. Hope it's better than last season; I'm a bit wary because CBS has been promoting one of the guys as "the worst villain yet." I'm afraid he'll be another irritating peahead like Coach.

Had our second square dance class on Tuesday. It really is a lot of fun. I especially liked this one maneuver where you kinda walk in interlocking squares. It's hard to describe, really. I have to keep reminding myself that I'm a beginner here, too, and to not try to give advice to other dancers (such as "don't forget, the turn is a separate step done on its own beat; don't combine it with the previous step or you'll get ahead of the music").

Had an extremely yarnful weekend. Went to the anniversary sale at Alamitos Bay Yarn Company on Saturday where I bought 11 balls of Classic Silk in kiwi, 2 balls of Mini-Mochi in violets (I already had two of these, but it wasn't enough for the project I want to use it for), two skeins of sock yarn, three sets of needles and a pattern. After fretting all night that I would run out of the Classic Silk before I got to the end of the project I bought it for, I went back to get one extra ball. Ended up getting two, another set of needles, a Duets sock kit, and nine skeins of a soft green/khaki wool. To crown it all off, yesterday I received the Twilight sock yarn I had ordered back in July.

No comments:

Post a Comment