Wednesday, September 2, 2009

September.. . already???


It's been 11 days since we bought the exercise bike, and I have ridden it on 8 of those days. Not too bad. Last night I was on it for 25 minutes. Yay me!

Had lunch yesterday with Lizard, The Girl, and DW from work. I often think that Lizard & DW are a lot alike so I was glad that they finally got to meet. Everyone seemed to have a good time. We went to El Torito which has a very nice lunch buffet.

Work is VERY busy, I am glad to say. I processed 13 contracts this morning; there's still one to go but I had other stuff that needed to get done so I'll do that one tomorrow. My desk is buried in folders & paperwork--if only I could have one or two days without getting any new work dropped into my inbox I'm sure I could get caught up.

Ralph is on vacation this week, and on Monday he cooked a lovely roast chicken with potatoes, carrots, pearl onions, and green beans. It was quite tasty; I had some of the leftovers for dinner last night. He was going to make shepherd's pie tonight but while out running errands got lured in by "Inglourious Basterds" which he correctly assumed I did not want to see. He called a wee bit ago & will be bringing home In-n-Out burgers for dinner. For those amongst the Teeming Millions who are unfamiliar with this California fast-food restaurant, let me tell you they are *the best* burger place, bar none. The beef is never frozen, and the fries are cooked to order from real potatoes that you can watch get sliced up before they're put in the fryer. They sell only burgers (with or without cheese; single or double patty), fries, milkshakes & soda. While I was quite looking forward to shepherd's pie, I'm certainly not disappointed to get In-n-Out instead--especially since he said he'd make the shepherd's pie tomorrow night instead.

Had a great time at the show-and-tell on Sunday. One woman had brought some silk lace scarves that were so soft & light that you couldn't even feel them when you picked them up. Another had brought a wonderful woodsy-themed afghan. Despite much temptation I did not buy any yarn, although there were some close calls. That Manos, for example, and the "Night Music" sock yarn. . . sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment