Monday, September 7, 2009

Bleeding? No, not really.

As mentioned in a previous post, Lizard bought some yarn from an independent dyer in France recently. Long story short, Lizard & I both got a skein of free yarn because the dyer was not happy with it; said she couldn't get it to stop bleeding and would give it to the first takers. Today I soaked it in hot water with a goodly glug of vinegar. It's been soaking now for over ninety minutes. Can you see any dye bleeding into the water? No? Didn't think so. There might be a wee smidge of blue tint, but really not enough to warrant giving the yarn away in my opinion. So I gotta wonder: did the dyer give up one vinegar wash too soon, or does she just have excruciatingly high standards?

Ralph is currently in the kitchen making chocolate chip cookies. Yum!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, her standards must be high because that isn't what I would call bleeding. Nice colot!

    ReplyDelete