Saturday, March 19, 2011

Another exciting post

Such a busy day at work yesterday! Mr. Boss Man was off, which meant I did all the updates that he normally would have done: updated price sheets for five communities, uploaded some contract documents, verified options on four phases, etc. This was in addition to my own work, of course. It was actually rather enjoyable, and made the day go quickly to have so much to do.

One thing I noticed shortly after starting my new job was that everyone seemed to have a Gumby in his or her office. It turned out that one Christmas, after a meeting in which flexibility had been stressed, Ms. IT bought these for everyone. Last week she picked up a couple more for us new folks. I've got mine balanced on the edge of the bulletin board. It's a small thing that really helped me feel welcome & part of the team.

Started reading a new book last week. It's called The Eyre Affair and so far is pretty interesting. It's a time travel novel; the main character is a woman named Thursday Next. This is the book that I was given in the Pi Day Swap.

I'm also making very good progress on my shawl. I'm down to 45 stitches per row (it was 99 at the longest point) so with any luck I'll be able to finish it this weekend. I won't have a lot of time to work on it, though, at least not today. Maybe tomorrow.

My orange & black yarn arrived! It's gorgeous, and as a little added bonus came with a pretty beaded stitch marker attached to the label. I see lovely new socks in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment