Sunday, January 16, 2011

Wake up, cousin! We're going to the zoo!


Today Ralph & I spent about 3 hours at the LA County Zoo. For the most part, we had a good time. There were only two downers: the elephant was rocking & looking most unhappy (a little online research tells me that this behavior is only seen in captive elephants and is probably stress-related), and the orangutans looked very sad and bored. The rest of the trip was fun. The meerkats were adorable, of course. Lots of interesting birds--my favorite, I think, was the Andean Condor although we were not positioned well enough to get a picture. Ralph got some pretty good photos of a wallaby, however I shall refrain from posting them since it's really quite obvious that this was a male. Really obvious. I was especially pleased that we got a good view of the tiger. I think this is the first time I've ever seen one, since every other time I've been to a zoological park they've been hiding in the shady grass.



Haven't been doing much knitting. Instead, way too much time has been spent on the computer (oh, look, I'm on it again!), mostly on Ravelry but also playing games. I really need to cut down on that, especially if I ever expect to get those socks finished.

Last night we watched "Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time." Sadly, that's two hours of my life that I won't get back. Bad acting, stilted dialogue, way too much reliance on the characters telling you the story rather than the story being played out, and for the love of Bob, WHY does every person in Ancient Persia speak with a contemporary British accent? Thank goodness I had some crossword puzzles on which to work or I'd have been totally bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment