Thursday, January 13, 2011

Sleeeeeepy

While 49 of the 50 United States have snow on the ground, I'm ready to take a nap. Why? Because I lay outside in the sun for about 30 minutes in my shorts, and now I'm all warm & sleepy. Some of my Ravelry friends are talking about 13" of snow, and freezing temperatures, and here I am with this lovely, lovely weather.



I've been doing a lot of cooking, as I'm sure you have all figured out by now. Today's picture is of last night's roast chicken, which I served with onion-garlic mashed potatoes, gravy, and peas. No, it's not burned; those dark patches are the herbs showing through the skin. Dessert was a bit of the Steamed Chocolate Pudding; not the one in the January 8 post, as that was completely devoured by January 10, but the second one that I made on January 11. I polished off the last bit of it this morning. I think I need to cut down on the desserts so I won't be making another one for a while. The chicken leftovers are going to be turned into stew tomorrow.

Kind of a silly thing happened a few minutes ago. I was sitting here in the living room when a car drove past the house. A man in the car was laughing the entire time, so loudly that I could hear his laughter better than I could hear the sound of the car. Got a great Doppler effect. I certainly would like to know what was so funny, though :-)

My new socks are coming along nicely. I've done the leg & heel portion on both of them, and the gusset on one. I was worried that they were going to be too tight, but I tried one on today & now I think they might turn out a little bit too loose. Ah, well, I'm not too worried about it. I wanted to make them because they are unusual, and if they don't fit it isn't the end of the world. I'm thinking of maybe entering them in the County Fair, although every year I think about entering the Fair and have never gotten around to really doing it. But hey, it could happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment