Saturday, January 8, 2011

Condensation!


Our house is wet. The archway separating the dining room from the living room was dripping water onto the floor before we wiped it down. The windows are quite steamed over. The bathroom mirror is fogged. What could possibly have caused this?

Dense and Fudgy Steamed Chocolate Pudding. Yup. The whole house is soggy because I decided to cook. But ya see, I had some issues when I made the Treacle Pudding, because the pot was really too small which made it very difficult to remove the steaming hot bowl, and the only thing I have that's any bigger is my roasting pan. You know, the kind you use to make a turkey. This thing was boiling away on the stove (taking up two burners) for three hours, during which time I had to add a total of six quarts (!!) of additional water as it boiled. That is a lot of moisture to add to a 1,000 sf house.



Ahhh, but it was worth it. It came out a little soggy; I put the lid on the pot & I don't think I was supposed to do that. It tastes very much like a gooey, slightly underbaked brownie. Ralph ate two pieces of it in rapid succession. I'm thinking of having another piece now, but will show a *little* restraint and wait until after dinner. I tell you, this Harry Potter cookbook is the best!!!



I've spent most of the past 2 days knitting and watching Mythbusters on Netflix. I finally took a picture today of the socks in progress. I know they don't look much like socks yet, but they will once I start working on the gussets. I really like how the colors look together.

1 comment:

  1. The socks are going to be gorgeous. Do you need my foot measurements?

    ReplyDelete