Tuesday, October 26, 2010

What the. . . ??


OK. Would someone PLEASE explain to the nectarine tree that it is not springtime? I mean, seriously, blossoms in October is just a bit much. It hasn't even dropped its leaves for the fall yet, and here it is putting forth blooms. Yup, all three of today's pictures were taken yesterday. What a crazy tree.

As you've probably guessed from the lack of posts, not a whole lot has been happening. Ralph & I have finally decided on our Halloween costumes & spent much of the weekend gathering/purchasing the items we need. Oddly enough, the parts I thought would be the easiest to find ended up being the hardest, and the things we thought would be hard to find were no trouble at all. I'm not saying what we're going to be--you'll have to tune in after Halloween & find out then. I will say that I believe we have a very good chance of winning Best Costume for the second year in a row.



I've had a fairly boring if productive morning. One load of laundry is hung up & another is ready for the dryer. I've got some handwashables soaking in the kitchen. Dishes are done, got my hair cut, put gas in the car, and picked up a few items at the grocery store for tonight's dinner (veggies to put in the chicken & dumplings). Not too bad a start to the day, really. My hair is a little shorter than I like it to be. I'm not too chuffed about that, though. I mean, it's just hair & will grow back pretty quickly.

Ralph & I made a practice brain yesterday for the haunted house. We definitely learned a couple things: for example, when the instructions recommend using watermelon Jello, do not substitute raspberry. The colors are NOT the same. Also, when you wrap the towel around the mold to keep it level, make sure the mold is actually level when you do so or your brain will be lopsided. Still, it looks quite gruesome as-is and if the one for Halloween comes out looking like this one it would be acceptable.



Back in the home improvement sector, it looks like we might have yet another leak. This time it appears to be either the water heater or the pipes leading from it. When I pulled my big roasting pan out of the cabinet that's below the water heater this morning, it had about 2" of water in it. There is also a moldy patch on the "ceiling" of the cabinet. Not good. After all the work Ralph did fixing the bathroom we really don't need another water-related home repair. Or even a non-water-related home repair.

Well, I've got some more housework to attend to. Guess I'd best get to it.

2 comments: