Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A little of this, a little of that



Today's photos are all part of the Photo Scavenger Hunt in which I am participating. The mission: to knit a critter, then on any one day from Oct 3 through Oct 9 you take photos with the critter in a variety of places/situations. One photo can fit more than one category. Each participant posts ten photos to try & get the highest point count. So far I'm the only one to post, which is odd since the timeframe is half over, and have 51 points. Hey, maybe no one else will enter & I'll get all the prizes.

The photos I've posted here are: in a school (I didn't use this one as I have a better shot for that; however I'm amazed at how young the assistant principal is at my old elementary school & had to post this one because of it); next to a statue of the same type of animal in a public place; dining out (with an extra point for a vegetarian meal); and in a yarn store. That one got me extra points because it includes a toy knit by someone else. I couldn't post the best shot here, as I promised the police officer (who was quite embarrassed to be photographed with a stuffed pony) that I would *only* post it on the scavenger hunt thread.




Ralph spent the weekend working on repairing the bathroom floor, and I am very impressed with what a great job he did! I had no idea he was so handy. He says he didn't know it, either. He pulled out all the old flooring, removed the damaged wood, treated the remaining wood for mold, laid down the replacement wood, prepped it, and installed enough of the vinyl tile that he was able to install the new toilet. This last one was just in time--we spent 4 days using the potty in the trailer, which was OK as a temporary measure but it would have sucked having to go out there once last night's rain set in.



Have you ever been watching a TV show, and someone on it does or says something so wrong/stupid that you want to reach into the screen and smack 'em upside the head? I had that happen yesterday when Ralph had "The Sarah Connor Chronicles" playing on Netflix. A character is badly injured, and needs a blood transfusion. John says, "Mom is type O; that's a universal donor." The paramedic--let me repeat that, the PARAMEDIC--says, "No, he's AB. It's very rare, he needs his own blood type." John then says, "Test MY blood." And of course, he also turns out to be the very rare AB. Sigh. One, Type O *is* a universal donor; anyone can receive it. Second, a type O parent can NOT have a type AB offspring. Third, AB is a universal *recipient* and can receive a transfusion of any blood type. Mind you, I'm ignoring Rh factors and positive/negative but still for the writers to not know this basic bit of info on blood types just annoyed the bejeezus out of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment