Wednesday, June 2, 2010

I could get used to this


You know, if it weren't for that pesky mortgage payment, I could soooo get used to being at home. I've been able to cook real dinners, the laundry is under control, I was able to slice & freeze an additional 8 cups of nectarines (normally the birds eat them before we have a chance to pick the fruit off the tree), the house is relatively tidy, there's a fresh loaf of banana bread cooling on the dining room table, and I was even able to reorganize the linen cupboard which was badly needed. Even lunch tastes better, because I eat the sandwich as soon as it's made instead of after it sat in my lunch bag for seven hours.

I've gotten some knitting done, too. I finished the octopus juggling balls for Ralph (today's pic), and have cast on for a rather cartoon-ish looking pony. I even did a few rows on Fred & George, which has been on the UFO pile for some time now.

In job search news, I've signed up with a couple temp agencies & sent out a few resumes. I also signed on with a couple online job search websites. Tomorrow I interview with one of the temp agencies and hopefully with a prospective temp-to-hire employer after that. This last bit isn't confirmed yet, so keep your fingers crossed for me. Yesterday I took my assessments at the first temp agency. Did better than I expected at PowerPoint (76% correct, and I've never used that program before) and typing (80 WPM!!) and not as well as I expected at Word & Excel. I was great with the functions I used at work all the time, however I had no idea there were so many functions I'd never used before. Still, I scored pretty highly on everything and I'm sure that can only be for the good.

Going to a family potluck on Saturday afternoon. I plan on bringing nectarine cobbler. Wonder if we should pick up some vanilla so-called iced cream to go with it? It's good on its own, but even better with so-called iced cream. Hmmmm.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, you should bring ice cream. :-)
    Cobbler was yummy, btw.

    ReplyDelete