Sunday, June 6, 2010

Boring Sunday


What a dull day this has been. The book I'm reading is not very interesting; good enough to read while eating lunch, not good enough to read for hours at a stretch. Spent waaaaay too much time playing computer games. Did a little job searching; not much new stuff posted on a weekend but I did find one that seemed worth sending out the ol' resume.

Also getting frustrated with my knitting. I'm making a pony, and just need to knit the hind legs before starting the seaming, sewing & stuffing. Halfway through the leg, there's a section where you do a "knit front and back" increase across the four center stitches for about 10 rows. No matter what I do, I end up with gaps (see photo; you need to click on it to enlarge in order to really see the gaps). I haven't had this problem with this type of increase before, and I've even tried using alternative increases. Still gapping. I think the problem might be the fact that there are no plain rows in between, so the multiple tensions on the stitches are pulling things askew. I've set it aside while I consider alterations to the pattern.

Right now I'm sitting at the computer with my back to the front door. The wood door is open & the security screen is shut, so there's light from the doorway shining on the wall in front of me. A few minutes ago, a couple shadows crossed the light as some people walked up to the door. I have no idea who they were, as the dogs started barking and the shadows vanished before I could even turn around. Really fierce, almost vicious barking, too--not at all like their usual "Mailman is coming to kill us all!" or "How dare you walk that dog in MY neighborhood!!??!!" barks. Anyway, I'm not expecting visitors & they wouldn't bark like that at anyone they know, so good girl Hali! Good girl Zoe!

Baked some cookies today. I *knew* that 10 minutes per batch was too long, but foolishly followed the recipe. Only burned the first batch, baking all the others for only 7 minutes. Even the burned ones are pretty good.



Here's a little quiz for you. Take a look at the photo on the left. That's a flower blooming on one of our backyard plants. Can you identify it? Answer will be in the next blog post :-)

Went to a family potluck at Lizard's yesterday. The Girl was there, but The Boy had to work. Dad & his girlfriend were there of course, and Duh with her new husband Happy. We brought nectarine cobbler & vanilla ice cream. There was also chicken, shrimp cocktail, chips, stuffed mushrooms, cole slaw, potato salad, and mashed potatoes with gravy. Oh, and green beans but I didn't have any of those. Lots of talk & lots of laughing. I think everyone had a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment