Saturday, April 14, 2012

Silver & Gold


Faire season has begun. My wheel has been quite popular; I got a lot of people stopping and asking about it, and have done some teaching with the drop spindle. I do need to get a cushion for my stool, though, as my seat bones felt rubbed raw by the end of the first day. I only spun for a couple hours today because I got sore so quickly. Ralph has been hither and yon playing music. We left a little early today because he wasn't feeling well & wanted to rest up before tomorrow, when he really needs to be there as the band he is in is going to be short a couple musicians.

Knitting-wise, I've been making juggling balls lately (see photo). Ralph wanted a set, and asked if I'd make four rather than just three, then mentioned that if he had six he could teach someone else as a Faire gig, and oh if he had nine then he could teach two people at the same time...Luckily for him he is extremely knitworthy. I've already done six & have the seventh on the needles. I got some new yarn yesterday, though (see other photo), which I'm dying to make into socks so I've really got to hunker down & finish the juggling balls. If I start the socks now I fear I may never go back & make the last couple balls. The colors of the yarn got washed out in the photo; the orange is deeper in real life, and the blue is more of a silvery grey.



Ralph also bought me some rovings at Faire today. One is blue, purple & green; the other is more rainbow colored. I think they're going to spin up into some lovely yarns. Not sure what I'll make with them once they're spun up. I'll have to wait & see how they look before deciding.

Had kind of a weird thing happen the other day. I had a sudden sunspot in my right eye, with sort of lightning jags coming down from one edge of it. Lasted for at least half an hour before starting to fade, and took several hours to go away completely. Of course I went & had it checked out as soon as possible. Turns out I've got some venal hemorrhaging going on inside my eye. The optician thinks it's related to blood pressure. I'll be seeing a medical doctor in a couple weeks to confirm (it was the first appointment I could get). It's not painful, but I do have a bit of a blurry spot in my vision which is a little annoying. Still, I was afraid it was something worse, like a retinal detachment.



On the brighter side, Ralph got a new car, a Dodge Challenger. He loves it! It's a bluish-black, or maybe a blackish-blue, and has a nice muscle-car rumble to the engine. I haven't driven it yet--I'll wait until after it gets its first scratch--but it's definitely comfortable to ride in. This is only the second new car he's ever had so as you can imagine he's quite excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment