Thursday, July 14, 2011

Sleeeeepy


So the cat decided to sneak out the back door last night. Again. He came back at 5:00 am screaming for his breakfast. Dumb cat.

Monday night Ralph & I went to a free concert put on by The Band of the California Battalion. It was all Civil War-era music played on period instruments (two of them genuine, the others replicas). All the musicians were in period costumes as well. The conductor gave a little talk about each song before they played it (for example, troop leaders on both sides banned their musicians from playing Home, Sweet Home because it was too emotional). It was a lot of fun.

Planning on seeing Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 this weekend with our friends MH2 & PH2. This weekend also marks the start of the Orange County Fair, although I don't know if we'll be going this weekend or next. Or the weekend after that. We'll go at some point during the run, I'm sure.

Almost done with the praying mantis. All the parts are knit up (except the eyes) and I'm working on sewing it all together & stuffing it. This project has been a real pain in the patootie and I hope it'll all be worth it once it's done.

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha, I like your spider picture. :-) The Mantis sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister gave me the link to the spider. The original plan was to print it up and leave it on Ralph's pillow, but I took pity on him & just showed it to him online instead.

    ReplyDelete