Monday, July 18, 2011

Fun weekend


I had a really good weekend. On Saturday, Ralph went to archery while I knit. Afterward we decided to go to the Orange County Fair, but along the way we passed a Boomers and changed our minds: mini golf was calling our name! By means of much cheating, do-overs, and creative scoring we both managed to finish the course only a little bit above par. On the way home we stopped at The Cheesecake Factory for dinner, where we both had a wonderful chicken & biscuits dinner. Ralph had cheesecake--well, not for dessert exactly since he asked the waitress to bring it first & ate most of it before the meal arrived--and I had tiramisu for my afters.

On Sunday, I went & picked up some needles to make these socks: http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter09/PATTskew.php (sorry, I can never get Blogger to link properly). I'm using some white/orange/brown self-striping yarn that Lizard gave me for my birthday. Then it was off to meet PH2 & MH2 for a showing of Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows Part 2, which I thought was pretty good. I like the book more, and I thought Part 1 was a better adaptation. Then we went to the pub for dinner. I had a corned beef boxty which is sort of an Irish crepe & absolutely adored it. I was able to get in about an hour's worth of knitting before bedtime and finished the toe of the first sock.

So how was YOUR weekend?

1 comment: