Saturday, April 23, 2011

Ohhh, I'm supposed to *post* things



Wow, almost two weeks since my last post. I really do suck at this, and not in that good way you can charge extra for.

First, a word about today's image. This is my current profile pic on Ravelry. The dog comes from this post href="http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/11/dogs-dont-understand-basic-concepts.html" at Hyperbole and a Half, one of the best and funniest blogs I have ever seen in my life, written and illustrated by Allie Brosh. The crown was part of the April Fools Day fun at Ravelry; I got Ralph to copy the file and save it so I could use the crowned dog as a permanent Ravatar.

Last weekend was my birthday, and a good time was had by all. Spent the actual day at the Renaissance Faire, playing music & giving spinning demos. Ralph bought me a fancy expensive purse for work, and a really cool decorative broom. I'll have to get a photo of it. I bought myself some variegated turquoise roving (Colonial wool) which is just to die for. On Sunday Dad & his girl took us out to eat & I had some lovely chicken parmigiana & tiramisu. It was good to have time to visit with them, too, especially since she headed back up to Canada just a few days after.

Went to Faire again today, too. I played hardly any music at all, but got lots of spinning done. I plied off what I spun last week, then started in on the new roving. It's even prettier spun up. It was definitely a good choice. I'm headed out again tomorrow--Lizard, Duh & Happy will be there too so I'll probably meet up with them at some point--and Ralph is going to stay home.

Work has been bizzzzzzy!! We closed escrow on 18 homes in 7 working days, and it's just going to get crazier as we get closer to fiscal year end. I'm loving it, of course. If you'd told me in high school that I would get excited about escrow, I'd have laughed in your face.

No comments:

Post a Comment