Sunday, August 14, 2011

Just another lazy Sunday


Had a very nice time last night. Ralph & I met up with friends at George's Greek Cafe, and we ordered the family-style dinner (platters brought to the table & everyone serves themselves). The food was really good: pita with hummus and tzatziki followed by Greek salad and saganaki (cheese flambé topped with kalamata olives). Main courses were lamb chops, beef gyro, chicken skewers, rice, and sort of a pasta-thing with ground beef & cinnamon, the name of which escapes me. The meal ended with baklava; I had mint tea with mine which was lovely. And, of course, talk talk talk with our friends the whole meal through :-)

Today is the last day of the OC Fair, and we didn't make it even once. Oh, well, LA County Fair is only a month away :-)

I've joined another swap on Ravelry. It's been fun getting the package together for my swapner, although I don't dare go into details here since my blog is linked to my Rav profile & I don't want to give away any surprises. I do hope she likes the package, though. Mailing deadline is 8/24, so there's still time for me to finish things up. I don't want to mail it too soon, since the last time I mailed early on a swap I found more things that would have been perfect to put in the box.

No comments:

Post a Comment